Our Leadership Consulting service is designed for businesses and individuals who want to develop the skills required to be a successful leader in today’s ever changing business environment.
The demands on Chairmen and Boards are constantly changing. Increasing scrutiny and higher expectations from regulators and wider coverage in the media means that the pressure to make the right decisions at the right time in the right manner continues to grow. Governance and compliance remain significant issues that Boards must address. However, many Boards neglect behavioural and relationship issues that shape board dynamics and drive board and business performance. It is essential that Boards have the right skills, competencies, relationship and leadership behaviours to guide the business.
By assessing each board member individually we can build up a picture of their combined capabilities, giving us a powerful tool from which to build a board assessment. We can clearly show the culture of the board, how relationships are likely to work, identify any potential individual conflicts and how work will be managed and delivered. We can also identify where a certain skill set may add value to or enhance performance. When all this is brought together it gives clients a powerful base from which to build a stronger, more effective Board which assists the business in delivery of its goals. The output of this type of analysis can be transformational.
Executive Coaching will help you develop yours and your direct reports' potential. Many successful executives already have their own coaches, as they realise coaching and mentoring is a deliberate process focused on creating an environment for individual growth and improvement. It is designed to help you focus on what you need to be successful in your organisation and maintain a positive work life balance. Working with one of our executive coaches, you will be able to focus on the roadblocks in your personal development in a confidential environment and have an open discussion about how you can solve problems. It is not always easy to discuss difficult issues with somebody within your organisation and often the people involved are too close to the problem to offer independent advice. An independent sounding board, who you can discuss ideas and problems with, is what executives find particularly beneficial.
Succession Planning done well will mean that your organisations’ future is secure. Done poorly and clients, employees and investors get nervous with a corresponding impact upon your business. We believe that our five stage process will help you on your way to having a robust succession plan in place.
- Identify. Have you identified the core competencies of each key role within your business? If not, you need to understand what core competencies and technical skills are required for an individual to be successful.
- Evaluate. Once you have identified the core competencies for the role, you can evaluate the significant strengths and weaknesses on an individual and a team basis.
- Develop. Now that you know where your strengths and weaknesses are, you can put together training and development programmes to ensure that you are developing managers and leaders capable of meeting the needs of the business.
- Monitor Performance. If you have completed the first three steps then you can now readily (it’s never easy!) identify who the high performers are within the business. Do they have the competencies required for progression into future roles? If so, add them to the next step.
- Talent Pipeline. High performers who meet the future needs of the business should be part of the talent pool or a talent pipeline (depending on what definition you prefer). The talent pipeline should be made up of internal and external candidates as it is essential in today’s challenging environment that businesses get, or know how to get, the best people.
We currently offer a number of public and private training courses to help our clients better achieve their goals. Current public courses are:
- Presentation Skills
- Competency Based Interviewing
- Interview Skills
- Executive Research
Private training courses are designed to meet individual client needs and we are always happy to consider providing bespoke training programmes tailored exactly for you.
To discuss how we can help you develop the skills required to be a successful leader in today’s ever changing business environment call our CEO Paul Battye today on 0207 887 4534 or fill out the contact form below and we will call you back at a time convenient to you.
Industries we have worked in
- Asset management
- Business & Professional Services
- Charities & Not for Profit
- Consumer Goods
- Financial Services
- Public Sector
- Professional Bodies
- Postal Services
- Scientific research
- Shipping and Ports